Deborah woont in Andorra en blogt op Francesca Kookt! over authentieke Catalaanse en Marokkaanse gerechten. Vandaag staan de canelons (cannelloni) de nadal op het menu, een typisch gerecht wat in Andorra op 1e Kerstdag wordt geserveerd.
In Catalunya and Andorra it is tradition to cook for Christmas Sopa de Galets and Canelons de Carn. Both dishes are typical catalan. The recipes go from generation to generation. My grandmother thaught me how to make canelons years ago when I was a little girl, and this is the recipe that I still use every Christmas. But there are lots of varieties of recipes with the same basis. This year my grandmother is making the Sopa de Galets for the 24th, and I am making the Canelons for the 25th.
How to prepare the canelons de nadal
Ingredients for about 50 pieces:
· 500 grs meat of veal – cut in pieces
· 500 grs meat of pork – cut in pieces
· 200 grs filet of chicken – cut in pieces
· 4 carrots
· 3 onions
· 4 leeks
· 3 tomatoes
· 2 cloves of garlic
· 2 bay leafs
· 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
· 2 teaspoons of nutmeg
· Salt (to your like)
· Pepper ( to your like )
· 100 ml of olive oil
· 100 ml of brandy (to your like)
· 2 slices of white bread (without crust)
· Foie gras
· Emmental cheese (grated)
· Pasta for canelons
· In a big baking tray, put the meat and the vegetables (give them space). Sprinkle with olive oil. Add salt, pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg and bay. Bake it 45 minutes at 200 degrees.
· Stir all the ingredients, add the Brandy. Bake this 30 minutes at 170 degrees.
· Stir again all the ingredients.
· Bake another 30 minutes at 150 degrees.
· Put all the ingredients (meat and vegetables) in the meat blender and blend.
· Make the bread wet with a little bit of milk, add to the blender.
· Add the foie gras to the blender and blend again.
· When all the ingredients are well blended, put them in a big pan, add the juice from the meat and the vegetables. Add 200 ml of milk. Cook about 10 minutes.
Pasta for the canelons:
· Boil water in a big pan. Add the pasta and salt. Cook about 10 minutes (depends on the brand of the canelons).
· When the pasta is ready, place the pasta on a big table, put the filling on the pasta and make canelon rolls. Put the canelons in a baking tray.
Now you can do the Bechamel.
· 1 lt milk
· 50 grs flour
· 50 grs butter
· 2 teaspoons of salt
· White pepper
· 2 teaspoons of nutmeg
· In a small pan, melt the butter (on a low fire) and add the flower.
· In another pan, boil the milk. When the milk is boiling, add to the pan with the butter and flower and stir.
· Add salt, white pepper and nutmeg. Stir.
· Cook 10 minutes on a low fire.
· Pour the béchamel over the canelons in the baking tray and put the emmental cheese on top.
· Put the tray in the oven and gratinate for about 30 minutes.
Deze blog is een bijdrage van co-blogger Deborah.